Before I started my blog, I would start each day by doing one of the challenges on Split Coast Stampers. The challenges really helped me grow as a stamper and come out of my secure little box.
I decided to do my favorite SCS challenge, the sketch challenge. Here is a link to the challenge: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346067
|Stamps: Stampin’ Up On The Fly|
|Paper: Stampin’ Up Whisper White, Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy|
|Ink: Stampin’ Up Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Night of Navy & Soft Sky, Palette Noir Black|
|Accessories:Brayer, Clear Embossing Powder & Heat Gun, Prismacolor Markers, White Gel Pen, Not Quite Navy Marker, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sponges, Piercing Tools, Distressing Tool|
Stamped fisherman with Black ink, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. Note: I used Classic Black dye ink to stamp on the plastic sheet of the Stamp-a-ma-jig, not the Palette Hybrid ink. The Palette Hybrid ink is very hard to get off of the plastic, if you can get it off at all.
Decided to use my Prismacolor markers to color with today. I store them on their sides and I have them cataloged in my binder since I am a visual person. This way I can instantly see what color I would like to use and how it will look when it is dry.
Colored his pants with Blondwood.
Colored the creases & knees of his pants with Light tan.
Also colored his hat with Light Tan.
Colored his face and hands with Eggshell.
Colored his jacket with Limepeel.
Colored the creases of his jacket with Light Olive Green.
Colored over the fisher man with a Versamark marker and then heat embossed him with clear embossing powder and a heat gun.
Brayered Soft Sky ink on the sky area of the card stock.
Brayered Not Quite Navy at the top of the card stock not completely covering the Soft Sky ink.
Brayered Not Quite Navy ink on the water area of the card stock.
Used my curvy cutter to cut a circle from Soft Sky card stock. Cut the circle in half. Stamped the lures with Black ink on each half.
Colored Lures with Limepeel marker.
Added White Gel Pen highlights on his gills and on the hooks.
Added some stripes of Mediterranean Blue on the lures.
Sponged on Soft Sky ink on the curved part of each half circle. Ooops, missed taking a picture of this but I also, sponged on Not Quite Navy ink on the outer most part of the circles and under the lures.
Sponged on Old Olive around the edges the Soft Sky card stock panel.
Added some Not Quite Navy sponging around the edge of the panel too.
Used a distressing tool and distressed the half circles, main image panel and Soft Sky panel edges. Drug each distressed edge across a Night of Navy ink pad to make the white edges dark.
Assembled card front.
Used my piercing tools to pierce holes in the upper left and bottom right corners of the card front.
Used a Not Quite Navy Marker and created faux stitching by running the marker from one hole to another.
Here is the completed 5″ x 6.5″ card.
Hope your day is filled with creative challenges that will bring growth to your crafting!
Until next post. . . . . .