I hope you had a fabulous, safe and fun filled Holiday like I had. Russ and I went from one celebration to the next starting Christmas Eve and ending last night. We have had way too much good food and probably put on 5 lbs in just a few days. :) What can I say, I love holiday treats!
I have a bright Thank you card tutorial for you today. Hopefully, this card will warm the heart of the recipient.
Let’s get right to the tutorial. . . . . . .
|Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Graveyard Gala, En Francais, Fine Flourish, All Holidays|
|Paper: Stampin’ Up! Whisper White, Basic Black and More Mustard|
|Ink: Stampin’ Up Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black, Summer Sun, Apricot Appeal and More Mustard|
|Accessories: Stampin’ Up Sponges, small oval punch, Basic Black marker, Scrap Card stock, Circle Scissors Plus, Silver Metallic Paint Marker|
The new Stampin’ Up! 43 page Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration catalog will be out January 5, 2010. E-mail me your address if you want a set for free and you are a resident of the USA. If you are a customer of mine you will automatically get a set from me.
Are you getting inspired and enjoying this blog. One way you can help support it is to order your Stampin’ Up products through me. You can order from me 24-7 from this link: http://michellezindorf.stampinup.net or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are within the United States. Want a copy 2009-2010 Stampin’ Up Catalog for $9.95 with free shipping, just e-mail me at email@example.com and I will get one in the mail to you. Want to become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and earn instant income? Consider being part of my Stampin’ Up Team. Also check out the Stampin’ Up specials, click this link to check it out: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/michellezindorf/promotions
Using my Stampin’ Up Circle Scissors plus, cut a 3 5/8″ circle from scrap card stock. Held this in place on the lower left corner of a 4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White card stock in order to mask the sun.
Sponged More Mustard ink in the un-masked area.
Sponged Pumpkin Pie around the top and right side of the card stock, not covering the More Mustard ink entirely.
Sponged Really Rust ink right at the top and right edge of the card stock.
Removed the circle mask and sponged Apricot Appeal ink at the edge of the sun.
Sponged Summer Sun over the Apricot Appeal ink to bright the sun up even more.
Stamped the Stampin’ Up! background stamp En Francais of the card stock using Pumpkin Pie ink.
Using the Brush end of a Stampin’ Up! Basic Black marker, drew in some post shapes.
Pounced some Basic Black ink with a sponge along the bottom of the card stock.
Stamped the Bird from the Stampin’ Up! set Graveyard Gala using Basic Black ink. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the bird.
Stamped a brand new Stampin’ Up! stamp “Fine Flourish” all over a 5″ x 6.5″ piece of More Mustard Card stock using Really Rust ink. This stamp will be in the new all Occasions mini catalog that will be out January 5, 2010.
Sponged Really Rust ink around the outside edge of the More Mustard card stock.
Used a Silver Metallic Paint Marker and edged my More Mustard card stock and my main image panel with it.
Stamped the “thank you” sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! set All Holidays using Whisper White ink on Basic Black Card stock. Punched the sentiment out using the small oval punch.
Glued the sentiment Oval inside of a Silver Hodgepodge Hardware piece.
Assembled my card and here it is finished measuring 5″ x 6.5″.
A couple of things before I close this post for today. Thank you so much to everyone that sent Russ and I holiday greetings. I cannot believe how many stunning cards we received and I cherish each and everyone of them.
Now here is a little more humor from my Aunt Nancy. :) I have no idea where she got this, lol.
Old Farmer’s Advice…
or Quotes to Live by
An Old Farmer’s Advice:
* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong. **Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.**Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.*
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.*
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered…not yelled.*
* Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.*
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.*
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.*
* It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.*
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.*
* Every path has a few puddles.*
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.*
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.*
* Don ‘t judge folks by their relatives.*
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer..*
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.*
* Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.*
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.*
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.*
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.*
* The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.*
* Always drink upstream from the herd.*
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.*
* Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.*
* If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..*
–Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
May your day be soooo much better than the little guys above.
Until my next post. . . . . . . . . .
Dayton, Ohio at Marco Paper
St. Louis, Missouri
Raleigh, North Carolina
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Boise area of Meridian, Idaho
Riverside, California (Southern California)
St. Cloud, Minnesota
North Chili, New York (near Rochester)
New Johnsonville, Tennessee
Kenova (Huntington), West Virginia
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Piedmont, Alabama (Near GA border close to Cedartown)
Auburn, Washington (near Seattle)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
North Liberty, Indiana
Here is a link to my workshop calendar where you can see all of my travel schedule and to get info on beginner and advanced Brayer workshops: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/workshop-calendar
Link to my Stampin’ Up website where you can order all of your must have Stampin’ Up products from me 24-7: http://michellezindorf.stampinup.net
Frequently asked questions answers: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/frequently-asked-questions/